Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book #37 - Total Control by David Baldacci

In case you are wondering, no, I did not read this entire book today. I actually started it last week and couldn't wait to read the new Grisham, so I set this one aside for a few days to read the other. I have had so many people swear by Baldacci. I've had several people tell me he is better than Grisham (to this I say, blasphemy). So, with that being said, I decided to order one of his from Amazon. I wasn't sure if he used recurring characters, so I got the first one written by him. The reviews said it was a "fast-paced thriller." I have to say that it took me almost 300 pages to get hooked in to this book. Then, Baldacci turned up the heat. He really held the cards close, and didn't even give the reader a morsel of information as to what was going on. That was one of the things I didn't like. I felt like he didn't even want to give us a chance of figuring out who did it. Overall, a good book, but way to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment