Sunday, May 16, 2010

Book #32 - Daring to Dream by Nora Roberts

This was an extraordinary Amazon.com find. There should be no doubt to my avid readers (reader...just Dad) that I have a weakness for the happily-ever-after love story. There should be no surprise at this point that Nicholas Sparks is my favorite of all time. Anyway, I digress. I found this unbelievable price for "Lovers and Dreamers" the 3 book series of these three incredible women. Daring to Dream is the first in the series, and yes, I'm sure I'll devour the others in turn (although, I am going to read one of James Patterson's next). One of the things I appreciate so much about Nora Roberts is her ability to develop such strong characters, which are always women. We get to know them, cheer for them, and celebrate with them. This book was no different. I found myself struggling with Margo (the main character) as she found her true self. She found a power and strength inside herself and most especially a courage to be the woman inside. She swallowed down the fear and insecurities and took risks that she had never before dreamed of. I highly recommend this book (to any woman). It will fill your soul with happiness and make you proud to be a strong, independent, and yet vulnerable woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment