Sunday, May 16, 2010

Book #33 - Miracle on the 17th Green by James Patterson and Peter de Jonge

Like I just told my husband, "If I had 4 thumbs, they would all be up." Not since Bagger Vance have I read a golf book to match. Actually, I don't think any sporting book can match a golf book. Why do I say this? Well, if you have ever played even one round of golf, you know it is the hardest, most frustrating, and yet the most exhilarating and addicting game you can ever play. Golf is just like life. There are ups, there are downs. The worst shots can be followed by the best shots. I really think my brother, when he turns 50 and if he stays physically fit, he should go to Q-School. I think he could be a sleeper and play his way in. He's definitely competitive enough. But until that time, he needs to follow Pop's advice, "No gimmes. No mulligans. No bullshit. Let's play golf." I recommend this book to anyone. It is so uplifting and just makes me want to get a tee time tomorrow! And, we all walk away dreaming of the just ONE perfect round (much less at Pebble Beach).

No comments:

Post a Comment