Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Book #36 - Theodore Boone Kid Lawyer by John Grisham

I can't describe to you the excitement yesterday when I opened the mailbox and Amazon had delivered this book. I was thrilled. Though it was very suspicious that the book was smaller that Grisham's other books, it took a little investigating to discover that this books is written for a middle school aged child. With that being said, it was fantastic. I was captivated, and like reading Harry Potter, I did not feel that this book was boring or dull because it was written at a reading level below what I'm used to. John Grisham has proven once again that he is a dynamic and risky writer. I have always contended that his best books are his non-lawyer books, but now I'm not so sure that he isn't a children's author. This book rivals Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. I could envision my 13 year old self devouring a book like this. This is just the type of book that can really get kids interested in reading. I am continually and pleasantly surprised by John Grisham. He is a true artist. Always growing and testing new waters with his talents. I'm sure this book will inspire more than one young man or lady to be lawyers one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment