Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Book #30 - Prime Cut by Diane Mott Davidson

I finally finished the last 50 pages today. I have this unwritten rule when I read: if I'm within 100 pages, I typically finish it before going to bed. I was down to 50 pages on Friday night. So now the logical question is why did it take so long to finish? Well, if you've been watching the news, my home is in a now very wet Nashville, TN, and we have experienced the worst storms followed by flooding in the city's history. I have just finally started to peel myself from the news and activities surrounding the flood. Although our little house on the top of a hill was just fine, the school I teach at had 4 feet of water covering the entire bottom floor. You can imagine the heartache and bedlam of the last few days. But, back to the book. Started really slow and there were too many characters introduced early. But, the mystery finished pretty good. I don't think this was one of her bests, and unless you really like Diane Mott Davidson, I don't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment