Thursday, May 13, 2010

Book #31 - Blind Side by Catherine Coulter

Don't confuse this one with "The Blind Side" which is now a major motion picture. This is last year's book by Catherine Coulter in her FBI series. I got hooked on this series back in college when my mom's best friend Fran gave me a copy of "The Eleventh Hour." I enjoyed it so much that I caught up on the whole series. This is one of the authors I follow for new books and purchase immediately. When this one came out in paperback, I immediately went to Amazon to order. Just to be sure I hadn't read it, I was reading the synopsis and reviews on Amazon. Interestingly, this book got shredded by the reviewers. As I started the book, I immediately got wrapped into the suspense and action. I thought the reviewer was crazy. However, I have to admit I was very disappointed in the last 50 or so pages. There was tons of buildup but then a very big letdown that the story had no depth. It was kind of like a bad made-for-TV-movie. I stuck with it to the end, and I have to agree with the reviewers, I was disappointed in the level of this work compared to her other books. Almost as though she tried to cram a mediocre book in just because she knew her avid followers would read it anyway. If this is the first book you read by Catherine Coulter, please try another because I did not feel it was telling of her work. On a side note, she does do her homework...it is fact that the Tennessee training center for police officers is in Donelson, TN...just across the street from where I work!

No comments:

Post a Comment