Thursday, May 20, 2010

Book #35 - Finding the Dream by Nora Roberts

This was the final book of the Lovers and Dreamers series, and honestly, I was a little disappointed. As powerful and believable as the first two books were, I felt let down by the ending of the third. Again, a great love story and an inspiring story of a woman trying to find herself after her husband walked out on her. But, I felt like Nora Roberts tried to hard to tie back in the story of "Seraphina" that was laced throughout the books. The three woman grew up intrigued and moved by the tragic death of a woman who in the mid-1800's threw herself off the nearby cliffs because the love of her life died. I liked throughout the stories how this myth brought them close together, but I thought the ending of this book and the way in which they found Seraphina's dowry was over the top. Took a book that was very realistic and made it corny and not believable. It was a very abrupt ending where the characters did a 180 and all was well in the world. Overall, this was a great trilogy, and I'm probably being to nit-picky. I do recommend, and I really enjoyed. Now on to Baldacci.

No comments:

Post a Comment