Sunday, August 22, 2010

Book #60 - Private by James Patterson

I'm not really sure where to start with this book. I read it very quickly, and it was very captivating, however, I felt like it really fell short in the end. This is the story of a high-end Private Investigation company that works for the rich and famous. The story opens up with 3 high priority cases that are on the docket, and we are in on the investigation. I found that though there should have been a high level of suspense, it was really lacking. It took 250 pages to paint the picture, and within paragraphs, each of the stories ended in an anti-climatic way. I guess I should say it was disappointing, and definitely was not as good as some of Patterson's others. I feel like it lacked his inventiveness and really fell short of his usual high-octane thrillers. When I was on Amazon yesterday, I noticed it only received 3 stars (out of 5), and now I see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment