Saturday, August 7, 2010

Book #56 - Book of Souls by Glenn Cooper

This book really gets you thinking about some deep issues, like what if we knew the day we were to die and when the end of the world is coming. Would we want to know? Would we change how we are living? Would we set aside differences? I picked up this book because James Rollins (one of my favorite authors) dubbed him "a startling new talent." And, I figured great authors wouldn't just throw around a complement like that. Glenn Cooper takes a historical time period, a few real events and the major players in those events (including John Calvin, William Shakespeare, and Nostradamus) and twists an incredible, fast moving story around them. This was another book that made you stop and wonder what scary, destructive secrets the United States Government is sitting on. I don't want to share much more because I'm afraid I'll give away the best of the book. But, on a personal note, I don't want to know when the end of my days comes. I just plan to do what I've been doing, live each day like it is the last and be grateful for what I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment