Sunday, August 15, 2010

Book #57 - Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

Obviously, this is the sixteenth book in the series starring Stephanie Plum, the unlikely bounty hunter. I started reading this series seven years ago when a teacher at a previous school I worked at suggested it. I immediately fell in love with the humor and fast pace of these books, and I always look forward to June when new ones are released. With that being said, I did not particularly enjoy this one. I felt like it fell short of her usual standards. There were very few times where I laughed out loud, which is pretty typical with her other books. Part of me feels like I've grown tired of these crazy, outlandish adventures: always destroying a car, being rescued from deaths door, and never settling down with one of the two men in her life (to give a few examples). I guess what I'm saying is I'm ready for Stephanie Plum to grow up and move on. I often wondered how long Janet Evanovich could keep up this storyline, and I think it is time to think about a conclusion to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment