Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Book #23 - Hot Ice by Nora Roberts

I know, I know, the title makes me laugh out loud too. I know what you are thinking, how could such an educated woman pick a book called "Hot Ice". Actually, I sometimes have a weakness for thoughtless, trashy books with a bit of adventure mixed in. I picked this one to accompany me on a school trip that 4 other teachers and myself took 50 high school students on. We went overnight to Atlanta, and actually had a great time. You need to take a book like this to help you cope with the bus ride. Trust me on this. Also a great book for the beach on Spring Break. This one was pretty good with a hunt for the long lost treasure of Marie Antoinette. Didn't end at all like I thought it would, but I have to say, I had a silly smile on my face at the end. Fun, light reading, but definitely not life changing. Kind of like watching "The Bachelor", just done for the fun of it. Not to worry, my Dad has brought me 3 new books that I'm sure will be more intellectually motivating than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment