Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Book #22 - The Excellent 11 by Ron Clark

This is the second book in the required reading for my "Motivating Students who Don't Care" class. I have to put in a blip for University of Laverne Professional Development and how impressed I am with these classes I am taking. I have found all of the books as very informative and helpful to teachers. What a breath of fresh air compared to the education classes I took to acquire my license. I had read Ron Clark's "Essential 55", and was very intrigued about what this book would be about. There is no doubt that Ron Clark is an incredible teacher, and his stories and insight into what needs to happen in our schools is excellent. This book is about the 11 qualities teachers and parents need to have to inspire and motivate our children. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I do a lot of the things he suggests, and it was comforting to hear him talk about how tiring it is to teach the right way. But, it is worth it when you see kids excited to be in your room and pumped about learning. I recommend this book for any level of teacher and any parent with school age children. It is a quick read, but filled with wisdom for helping our children be the best they can be.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you do most of the things. You are a natural teacher. And the best. Except for two others I know.

    ReplyDelete