Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Book #19 - The Testament by Eric Van Lustbader

My brother AJ gave me this book almost two years ago. Don't ask me why it took me so long to read it, but it got buried at the bottom of my stack of books. Even more random is that I picked this book that was literally at the bottom of a stack of 20. He told me when he gave it to me that it was great. Classic story of Good versus Evil. One ancient religious group has "secrets that will shake the Christian world to their foundation." They are trying to protect this information from the bad guys that are seeking world domination with these "secrets". Very interesting mix of action and intrigue. Like Da Vinci Code, the main character of this book is great with ciphers and like Sophie from Da Vinci Code, he has been trained to be the Keeper of the secrets from a young age without knowing. What is incredible about this book is that there are several layers of deception and it takes the reader forever to figure out who is the bad guy and who is the good guy. This book had a great ending and the world remains safe for all. In regards to whether I believe an ancient Gospel of Jesus Christ would make Christianity crumble, I don't believe it would. I figure if a gospel that demonstrated that Jesus was more man than God-like would be destroyed by the Vatican before anyone would ever see it. Even if by chance, it would be released and authenticated, I seriously doubt modern Christians would accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment