Saturday, September 25, 2010

Book #66 - The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

This book is fantastic. 600 pages of pure adventure, intrigue, and suspense. One of my coworkers told me she didn't like it as much as the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", but I thought it was even better. I loved how intricate the plot was and how many layers were twisted into the story. Stieg Larsson was a phenomenal talent, and I am very saddened that he did not live to write more books. He obviously wanted to be a loud voice against violence, rape, and assault on women. It is an integral portion of both of his books I've read. If his book is true to the culture of Sweden, then women are less valuable to men than their personal belongings, cars, and motorcycles. Like I said after the first book, this will be a blockbuster in the movie theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment