Thursday, September 16, 2010

Book #63 - The Justice Game by Randy Singer

I recognize my avid readers (Dad) are wondering what has happened to me in the last few weeks. Simply, school has started, and I'm too tired at night to read. It took me almost a week to read this short book, and it is not because it wasn't good..just tired. I find Randy Singer to be one of the most exciting new authors I have stumbled upon. This book was totally different than the one I read previously, but just as exciting and enticing. Like the other book, I did not figure out who the bad guy was until the author clued me in, and the inside look at the courts systems in the USA was eye-opening. Are there really businesses who do nothing but investigate potential jurors? Do they then set up "mirror juries" to predict who will win big cases? And are their hedge-fund guys betting on the odds? Probably. I have to say that after reading this book, I have even less faith in the justice system and that every person can get a fair and unbiased trial. Excellent, quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment