Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Book #62 - Black Hills by Nora Roberts

So I'm still struggling my way through the book about Mary Queen of Scots that I started over two weeks ago. I may finish it one day, but frankly, it is boring and way too drawn out. On Saturday morning, I decided I need to read something enjoyable for my three day weekend, and this was a great choice. Obviously since it is Nora Roberts, there is a love story that ends just like you want it to, but the thriller side of this book was intense. I need to do a little research on Nora to find out if she was born and raised in this area of our country or if she fell in love with it later in life. It was so awesome to go back to the Black Hills through the eyes of the characters of this book. I feel like the clock was rewound six years ago from when I was there with my family. The book's setting is in an area of the Black Hills where the main character, Lil, has set up a Big Cat sanctuary. The description of these beautiful panthers, leopards, tigers, and mountain lions is extraordinary. It made me flash back to the horse sanctuary we came upon while we where in the Black Hills. Overall, this was a fantastic book, and she always has you coming back for more. I was so glad that all ended well, the murderer was caught, and the lovers will be living happily ever after. As always, I feel as though I know the characters, and I was dying for an epilogue to see where they were in 10 years, but it is not Nora's style. It is for us the readers to imagine where their lives take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment