Friday, July 30, 2010

Book #54 - A Will and a Way by Nora Roberts

I've been reading a couple of books at the same time, and I happened to pick this one up the day before yesterday because I thought it would be a good finish to my summer vacation reading. This one is a mystery that is similar to the movie "Clue" and a book I read as a young girl called "The Westing Game." The plot draws you right in when at the reading of Uncle Jolly's will, all of the relatives but two are cut out. Those two will inherit 150 million dollars if they are willing to live for 6 months at his house together. In the mean time, there is a plot to prevent this from happening so all other family members can get their cut. Exciting and a fun, easy read. Interestingly, the main character, Pandora is a jewelry maker. Like my sister, she refuses to make cookie-cutter pieces just because. All of her pieces are unique and very non-mainstream. Kind of neat to see the artists perspective, thoughts, and creativity and how those are utilized to create beautiful works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment