Sunday, July 18, 2010

Book #52 - The Collectors by David Baldacci

This is the 4th or 5th book by Baldacci that I have read, but it is the first involving the four old guys in the "Camel Club". I have to say that by far this is the best I've read (although I really liked the Christmas Train). Not only was there great adventure, but for the first time in one of his books, I really liked and felt engaged with the characters. Interestingly, the first 200 pages had 2 very different very exciting plots going on simultaneously. It wasn't until page 205 that the link between the stories was divulged. There was great artistry in the story telling as well as a enticing plot. I have to say, I'm excited to pick up copies of the other Baldacci books starring the famous foursome: Oliver, Milton, Caleb, and Reuben. This one I'm sending to my brother who will devour it in 8 hours or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment