Friday, July 9, 2010

Book #48 - Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

This was book three in the bride quartet and is the story of Laurel, the pastry chef. I have to admit that all of the talk of cakes almost made me run to the store to get ingredients to make my own. Needless to say, I was able to resist. This book was fabulous, and it left me feeling happy because Laurel got her dream guy. Funny that today I finished a paper on Romeo and Juliet (for my Mom's Humanities class), and I was thinking how pure and naive their love was and especially sad how it ended. "Savor the Moment" was another story of star crossed lovers that ended beautifully with nothing but happily ever after in their future. You would think it would get old to read Nora Roberts' books where they always end happy, but really it doesn't. I never grow tired of knowing it will end happy, and maybe that is why I go back to her. I know in the end I will be uplifted and satisfied. Not to dismiss those Nicholas Sparks books that end the way they should rather than always the way I want...there is a need for reality in love stories as well. But, as I said, they are feel good, and it is like coming back to a comfortable place. In case you are wondering, you will have to wait for the last installment of this series of books because it isn't released until November. Going to be painful, but I guess I'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment