Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Book #50 - Summer Sisters by Judy Blume

For those of us who grew up with "Superfudge" and "Are you there God, it's Me Margaret?", I say, yes, this is the very same Judy Blume. Last week when my sister-in-law and I walked into the used bookstore, she asked if I had read any by Judy Blume. I said no, but asked if it was the same Judy Blume from my childhood. She said yes, and her books are great. Great was an understatement. First, I must say this is a chick book, so be warned of that. However, I started it today at noon and finished this evening. The review on the front of the book called it "compulsively readable." It was an incredible look at human nature and relationships. Sad in parts and uplifting in parts, but ended just right. The story had depth to it as well as a lightness that made it addicting. So here's to Judy Blume, you've still got it.

On a personal note, I have reached the half way point and am surprisingly still on track to pull off 100 books in one year. Looking forward to what I learn in the next 50 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment