Sunday, April 4, 2010

Book #25 - The Sword of the Templars by Paul Christopher

My husband asked me today if this book was a dud because it has taken me nearly a week to get through it. It's funny how a change in the weather shifting to Spring has made a huge impact in the time I spend reading. This was a pretty good book. Lots of adventure and a typical search for the Templar treasure. This one was unique because it tied Nazi Germany into the hunt, and it took 3/4 of the book to figure out what they were actually searching for and who the bad guy was. I have to say that the neatest part of the book was what the Templar treasure actually was. It wasn't gold, the Holy Grail, or the cup that Jesus used at the last supper, it was tens of thousands of ancient scrolls from the library of Alexandria. I really like that the author thinks the greatest treasure we as humans have is that knowledge that is locked in the scrolls and books of our past and present. Good read, but I'm getting worn out on this genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment