Sunday, April 4, 2010

1/4 down 3/4 to go

I thought since I'd just completed my 25th book (in just over 1/4 a year) that I would take moment to reflect on this journey and what I've already discovered along the way. It is so much fun to be able to look back at the books I've read this year and do a mental assessment of what the take-away from each as been. I didn't realize until now how much variety I have in what I read. I attribute some of this to the fact I trade books with several different groups of people, but I also think that because of this blog, people have been recommending many books that I never would have read or konwn about. I've had an interesting mixture from brainless to adventure and fiction to non-fiction. One thing is for sure, I've truly enjoyed this process. I think I've had far more take-away value from these books because of the reflection that has gone into writing these blogs. Now, I find myself contemplating what I would share with my readers as I am reading the books. It has given me the opportunity to share my quirky thoughts with all of you. 25 down 75 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment