Sunday, February 28, 2010

Book #17 - The Main Corpse by Diane Mott Davidson

I know all of my avid readers are wondering where in the world I've been. Like the NHL, I took an Olympic break. As I write this, we are waiting for the overtime of the USA/Canada hockey game. The Olympics are fantastic!!! How could I take a break from 2 hours of curling to read? Therefore, my New Year's Project had to take a back seat.

This book was excellent. By far the best of hers I've read. She went a totally different direction in this book than in any of the others. Rather than the main character, Goldy, finding a dead body or needing to prove who did it to save a friend, there was no body...just speculation of foul-play. This book had everything suspense, excitement, rotten cops, several near-death experiences, and of course delicious food. This story resonates the ugliness of people in our world and the triumph of friendship and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment