Monday, February 1, 2010

Book #11 - What Time Devours by A.J. Hartley

A couple of years ago, my brother AJ called me up and said I had to get "On the Fifth Day" by AJ Hartley. This was during the resurgence of the "Da Vinci" type genre that immediately followed the release of the movie "The DaVinci Code." The first book was really good, so when I saw this new book by Hartley listed on Amazon as a recommended book, I went ahead and ordered it. I just love this type of book. Intrigue. History. Suspense. This one was really neat because it was about a long lost Shakespearean play that several different factions were trying to get their hands on. The adventure kept you wrapped in the book the entire time, and I have to say, I'm a sucker for books that take us through historic European countries. It was a nice break from all conspiracy surrounding the Vatican, and since I've never been to England, I truly enjoyed the history and description of Shakespeare's home town. Also interesting, is that the main character is an English teacher. It makes you think that adventure is out there for everyone, not just the chosen few. All we have to do is follow our imagination and not be afraid to try. For those of you who like to read the Epilogue first (as a few of my friends do, you know who you are), DON'T. The plot in this story is far more complicated than you first think, and several elements are exposed in the Epilogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment