Monday, January 18, 2010

Book #8 - I, Alex Cross by James Patterson

I wonder if James Patterson's mind ever slows down long enough to sleep. Think about it. To put out a new book every couple of months the way he does, he must have ideas running through his mind constantly. And while we are on the subject of ideas, this books' premise was fantastic. I didn't have any idea who the bad guy was until Patterson told me. I was throwing shots in the dark trying to guess who it could be. Another great book by Patterson (and yes, there are a few of his I didn't like...Lake House for one) staring Detective Cross. I feel sorry for Cross because he has a family member die or get kidnapped in every book. I feel like I've read so many book in this series that I am a part of the family, and I'm just waiting for one of my family members to die. We are up to at least 3 dead members of the Cross family: his first wife (killed by a serial murderer), the niece who played the violin in Kiss the Girls (guess she didn't actually die), and now another long-lost niece in this one. Excellent, quick read that will keep your heart rate high until the last page.

No comments:

Post a Comment