Sunday, January 3, 2010

Book #1 - The Tribute by Nora Roberts

I read 5 books over Christmas break, and really enjoyed all of them. This book was the 5th and completely by default. I have a stack of books on my desk that are "too be read". Some are passed from my mother-in-law, some from friends at school, some from my brother, and many I've bought myself. So the 1st four books I read over break were all books I had picked, purchased, and received from Amazon. Two of them were from my favorite authors: Michael Crichton (so sad this was the last one, but the pirate book was awesome) and Steve Berry (Paris Vendetta much better than his last one). The choice for "The Tribute" was because of the lag in the mail because of the New Year Holiday. The new James Rollins book was trapped in the postal system, and I had finished the other four. My mother-in-law gave me "The Tribute" a long time ago, and for whatever reason, it was the one I picked out of the stack. I started in 12/31 and finished in 1/2. It was really good. Surprisingly. One of the nice things about Nora Roberts is that the love story turns out just the way you want it in the end. This one had a great element of suspense that also kept you reading, and I personally loved reading about her renovations on the house she bought. Ms. Roberts' books always seems to be overwhelming in length, but they are so well written and enticing that you can't hardly put them down. I recommend this book for some light and thought-free reading. Great for vacations of all kinds. My only wish was that Ms. Roberts would have written a short epilogue to tell us what happened to the heroine and her one true love. I always love to know where they wind up.

No comments:

Post a Comment