Monday, August 15, 2011

Book #93 - Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

If you recall from the blog about the 16th in this series which I wrote a year ago, I had really lost interest in this series of books. I thought that book was terrible and the storyline was forced. However, I think Janet found her way back with this one. I was thoroughly entertained the entire time, and I was tempted several times to flip to the end to see if I had correctly guessed the villain (which I had). There were several of her characteristic "laugh out loud" moments, and plenty of adult content to keep you reading. Though year after year, we experience Stephanie Plum trying to take down skips and every book having a car of hers explode, this book had a fresh feel to it. It must be very difficult to keep it new and exciting when you are on the seventeenth version of a very similar writing style. By the end of the 16th book, I was so tired of the love triangle (Stephanie, Ranger, and Morelli), but I rather enjoyed the way in which that played out in this book. Definitely an easy and fun summer read.

No comments:

Post a Comment