Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book #77 - Excavation by James Rollins

Wow! Wow! That expression of "wow" doesn't do this book justice. It started at a full sprint and never slowed down. This one felt like a Crichton, and I found I was holding my breath for huge parts of it. I quickly felt attached to the characters and was so concerned for their safety that at times I couldn't bear to read...but was compelled to at the same time. Rollins is a fantastic writer, and I always look forward to one of his new releases. I initially got stuck on his Sigma Force series, so I haven't read all of his early ones. Well, I was missing out by not reading this one sooner. Rollins has a fantastic mixture of science, history, and adventure. He weaves a story that is fascinating, cutting edge, and yet very believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment