Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Book #80 - Iceberg by Clive Cussler

Finally, I made it out of the 70's! Just a moment of joy to celebrate entering my last 20 books of the journey I started over a year ago. I have to say, I've thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent reflecting over these books.

On to the latest one. My sister-in-law has contented forever that my brother and I would love Clive Cussler's books, and seeing as how I thoroughly enjoyed the action in the movie Sahara, I thought it was about time. I couldn't help but envision Matthew McConaugh playing the role of Dirk Pitt in this book because we all know once you see one movie with a character portrayed by a certain actor, that is what is is forever. For instance, Batman will always be Michael Keaton to me. I don't care who else played Batman, Keaton was my first. I digress. This was high action and an easy read. He did a great job of weaving an interesting story, but I have to say I figured out his final twist before he divulged it to the reader. This is the perfect type of book for a long flight or a day at the beach. It kept me entertained throughout the entire book. I'll definitely try another of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment