Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Book #69 - Pendragon by D.J. MacHale

This is a book that I would never have picked out for myself for two main reasons. First, it is written for middle schoolers, and second, it is sci-fi. But, when I told my students at the start of this year that I was trying to read 100 books this year, one of the young ladies asked if she brought me a book, would I read it. I said of course. It is has been sitting on my desk for about a month, and I thought I'd better read it or I'd disappoint my student. I have to say that it was a great book. Very creative and really kept me interested. Although the language was simpler, I did not get the feeling I was reading something that was too juvenile for me. This is the type of book that will keep kids reading, and I'm really glad that it was recommended to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment